Friday, March 8, 2013

Miller not running for Senate






Though polls have consistently shown her as one of the Michigan Republican Party's strongest candidates for governor or senator, Congresswoman Candy Miller is staying in the House.
In response to Sen. Carl Levin's decision to retire, Miller put out this statement:
"Since Senator Levin's announcement I have heard from many friends and supporters inquiring about my interest in the U.S. Senate seat. While I am grateful for the interest people have shown, I will not be a candidate for the U.S. Senate in 2014. It is my sincere honor to serve the people of Michigan's 10th District in the United States House of Representatives and in 2014 it is my intention to seek their support for re-election. We are all so blessed to live in this magnificent, beautiful and special place called Michigan and I look forward to continuing to work with every Michiganian to move our great state forward."
A Harrison Township Republican, Miller has a safe GOP House seat and she holds two chair positions on Capitol Hill: the Committee on House Administration and the Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security. 
Levin's older brother, Congressman Sandy Levin, has also ruled out the possibility of succeeding his sibling.
The Royal Oak Democrat said:

"Carl is determined to focus on the critical issues confronting our state and nation for the next two years as a senator rather than a candidate. I’m focused on the issues before the Ways and Means Committee and on taking back the House. I am planning to run again."

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment