Thursday, April 25, 2013

Obama: Outreach will continue though some 'think I'm a sap'






Over at The Hill, they’re reporting about some interesting wording used Wednesday by President Obama at a high-priced fundraiser in Dallas for the Democratic National Committee.

The president told the audience that he plans to continue his charm offensive with Republicans. On Tuesday night, Obama hosted a gathering of the Senate's female members, including four Republicans, at the White House. In recent weeks, the president has attracted quite a bit of media attention by dining with groups of Republican lawmakers in an effort to find common ground on budget and policy issues.

According to The Hill blogger Justin Sink, the president told the Dallas crowd:
“Occasionally I may make some of you angry because I’m going to reach out to Republicans and I’m going to keep on doing it. Even if some of you think I’m a sap, I’m going to keep on doing it because that’s what I think the country needs.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment